15 March 2009

I wasn't going to write about this, but it did help, I feel a little better now!


Well, it's been six years and I guess today was not at all how I thought it would be. Ryan didn't do anything to make it bad, by all means he was wonderful to me, two weeks ago when we went to the Rascal Flatts concert, that was my birthday and anniversary present. I wanted that more than anything I just wish it had have been closer to one of the actual dates. He was even great about my birthday and bought me a dozen roses and a teeny tiny cake (due to dieting). We went to a play on the 5th, albeit an assignment for our theater classes, and then had his aunt watch our girls so we could go to dinner last Monday (our only free night). It's been a nice couple of weeks, even though it's been stressful too with tests and preschool trips and everything else. But I guess I am just too hard to please or something because today just plain sucked! Ryan started feeling sick yesterday and ended up laying half dead on the couch instead of getting ready for church. He helped as best he could to get the girls some clothes while I bathed them and tried to find my skirt. In the end Rylee, Aliyah and I left Daddy and Lizzy home, which helped a lot with what happened next.

At church: we missed sacrament, I fell asleep sitting in the foyer and only knew it when my snoring woke me up and the teenagers next to us were trying not to laugh to hard, and then the other nursery leaders (who were scheduled for this week) didn't show up. The last one wouldn't have been so bad if 1) Ryan had been there with me, 2) I hadn't already been subing for the second hour for the third lady that is there every week. (In case that was hard to get, there is usually Sister Titmus and one of us couples. Robin got a sub for the first hour and I was going to sub the second hour) So it was me and the first hour sub (and thankfully parents whose kids wouldn't let them leave) but for the second hour everyone left and if it hadn't been for an overload of young women leaders the sub for the first hour would have had to leave, leaving me alone with 10 kids, one of which is handicap and needs extra attention. I survived by the grace of God!

Then at home I found out my delusional husband couldn't handle the baby and put her down for her nap two hours too soon, which meant no nap for me, at least not a trouble free nap. If you could guess from my falling alseep at church, I was tired today. So I ended up falling alseep while the baby sat in her chair eating lunch, only to be awakened by Aliyah telling me that Rylee was spilling Ryan's Gatorade powder all over their bedroom floor... I sent her to timeout told them to be good and went back to what I was doing while they went back to playing, then the sound of water woke me up. They were pouring it on the powder on the floor! I banned them from their room and told them to pick out a movie to watch quietly so Daddy could rest. I really tired to stay awake this time but I failed and every time I opened my eyes they were getting into trouble. I finally had to get Ryan to come out to the couch. Things went better after that, I made the girls dinner and heated some soup for Ryan, the soup ended up having bones in the chicken (canned soup)!!! After dinner the girls went to their room and Ryan went to bed too. The girls stayed up an extra 1 1/2 hours but finally went to sleep. So I spent the evening alone... Happy Anniversary to me!Troubles 1, 2 & 3!

3 comments:

The Parker Family said...

Happy birthday and Anniversary Krystal :)

Jessica and colby said...

ohh geez sounds like a whole bunch of things all at once well atleast that days over!

Britt said...

Some days just make you wonder whats going on huh? Well...Jessica is right. At least its over! I don't blame you for being tired. I'm tired just thinking about taking care of three kids, a husband...and GOING to school!