23 March 2009

I think it just has something to do with attitude!

Well, I don't like to blog unless I have pictures, but my camera has a dead battery (the watch kind) and they don't have 'em at Walmart. Anyway, I wanted a new post so here goes.
This last week wasn't any better than the previous, but it wasn't any worse either... We all got sick each it seemed with something different; Ryan had a cough and achiness, Aliyah had a sick stomach, Rylee a fever and achiness, Lizzy an ear infection (we learned at her 15 month check up Thursday), and me? a congested head and migraine. Ryan missed some school and work and Aliyah missed most the week of school, the rest of us stayed home like usual. Poor Rylee was asking me to take Aliyah back to school by Friday :). I guess she really likes her Mommy time. I felt as rushed with school work as usual, but without any tests or papers or plays to read, I was able to get my work done sooner. I had a meeting for the preschool Policy Council on Tuesday, an activity for the Preschool Thursday (only I went to since everyone was sick but I had to give a report on the council meeting and I had the door prizes (cute little kindergarten goodie bags) which I made the night before) and somehow made it to both my classes on Friday night and Saturday morning.
My in-laws came to visit, but actually to work for the first couple days, and all my girls did was asked "When will Papa and Nama be here?" I kept saying maybe tomorrow and ended up being a liar twice, good thing they finally came or else my girls would never trust me again. We went out Saturday with them and, although they were drugged, the kids seemed well. Then Sunday came! I felt like crud but I knew if I didn't go no one would, so I got up, got Ryan up and went to get the kids ready. After they went potty I tried to find the girls to put their dresses on only to find them curled up in whiny little balls on the floor. Needless to say, no church for us this last week. (I still feel guilty- good thing we had the Living Scriptures to watch all day). Then I had to make dinner that night for Ryan's brother and his wife. I got dinner done, but the horrible thing is, I stayed in my PJ's the whole time and we ate wherever because I didn't feel like setting the table. Oh well.
Ryan was happy on Wednesday though, his birthday present came, a month early, he found a refurbished PlayStation 3 about 30% less than a new one. Since his Xbox died and I refuse to let him get an Xbox 360, I let him get his PS3 instead. (It's pretty fun, too.) I'd still like a Wii though.
OH!!! And the best part of the week was when I went to get us all medicine and when the turning lane's light turned green I went, but I wasn't in the turning lane!!! Yeah, in my sickened stupor, I rear-ended someone. Luckily, it was an older truck and it wasn't too bad, we exchanged info and he was really nice, he rear ended someone 6 months ago it turns out, so he knew how I felt. But luckily nothing serious enough for insurance, phew!
And I know this sounds like it wasn't the best week, but I somehow feel like it wasn't that bad at all! We had visitors, we are all stocked up on medicine, I got to be with all my girls all week, we saved on gas by not going out much, we got lots of rest, and my kids were so weak, they couldn't mess the house up like the little monkeys usually do :D!!! I don't think we had more than one "time out" this last week! All -in - all, I'd have to say, best week of my life... okay not that great, but not a bad week, not a bad week!
Oh yeah and my neighbors from down stairs found out on St. Patricks Day that they are having a little girl!!! Yay for them! (I totally forgot St. Patrick's Day this year, and I LOVE St. Patrick's Day, so I bought me some green and white carnations :D) Sorry this is so scattered and messy, and thanks for the nice comments on my last post, you guys are so nice!!!

No comments: